As selling a property is one of the most important events of your life and potential buyers make up their minds within a very short space of time, first impressions are very important.
Here are some ideas that you may wish to consider before putting your property on the market to sell or rent. Start outside and work your way through the property:
- Check footpaths, steps, drains etc for leaves or litter;
- Does the front door need a clean or a coat of paint?
- Do the skirting boards need a touch of paint?
- Remove all shoes and boots from the hallway or porch to a cupboard;
- Remove all animal bedding to a cupboard;
- Arrange to take the dog out;
- Put children's toys in a toybox or cupboard;
- Keep kitchen work surfaces clutter free;
- Open curtains and blinds to maximise light to all rooms;
- Make sure windows and sills are clean inside and out;
- Ensure bathrooms are free from condensation and washing hanging;
- Spruce up indoor plants and remove any dead leaves;
- Tidy bookshelves and CD/DVD racks;
- Minimise ornaments;
- Ensure bedrooms are tidy and the beds have been made;
- Make sure the garden looks nice by trimming shrubs and tree and cutting the lawn;
- Sweep or power hose the patio, passage ways and decking